The University Women’s Club is a club of English speaking women who have completed a minimum of two years of study from an accredited university, college, or institution of higher learning.
The club was founded in May 1935 by a group of 35 women expats to further cultural and educational interests among English-speaking university women living in Argentina.
Our membership now represents over 15 nations. We sustain this founding principle, as well as adopting one of contributing to the advancement of education among our members and the community at large. UWC’s volunteer officers are elected each November.
We encourage all members, new and old, to participate actively in some or all aspects of our club. There are always opportunities, as our club is a dynamic mix of permanent and temporary residents. Active participation helps us not only to enrich ourselves, but each other as well.